Wauwatosa West H.S. starting quarterback arrested for possession of marijuana | News
Wauwatosa police arrested West High School starting quarterback Joshua Stoeckmann Friday for possession of marijuana. The arrest came during a traffic stop near 115th and Bluemound Rd.
The officer who pulled Stoeckmann over clocked him driving 45 mph in a 30 mph zone. When the officer approached the car, he smelled an odor of marijuana. Stoeckmann and his two passengers were then ordered out of the SUV.
The officer and his K-9 partner did a search of the SUV and found a plastic sandwich bag that was hidden behind a panel on the backside of the driver's side seat. Inside, there were several buds of a green leafy substance which the officer believed to be marijuana. The officer also located a marijuana blunt in the driver's visor. Stoeckmann was then arrested and read his rights.
The use of controlled substances is a violation of the Wauwatosa School District's athletic code of conduct. But our news partners at Wauwatosa Patch learned Stoeckmann never alerted the district of his violation before Saturday's game against Wauwatosa East High School. The violation would have made Stoeckmann ineligible to play that game.
The Patch says while the athletic code does not specifically require athletes to immediately self report potential violations, West High School Athletic Director Jeff Gabrielson said, "It is the expectation, and they know that."
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story. You can also read more about this story on Wauwatosa Patch.
Upcoming Events near Wauwatosa
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspects flag down officers before being arrested for drugs
- Greenhouse says with 180K square feet, heating is challenging
- Germantown K9 officer finds drugs on coat inside police station
- Advanced Waste Services files claim against Meno. Falls
- Cleanup of trash blown from landfill by powerful wind continues
- 64-year-old woman struck by vehicle in West Allis
- Officers, public turn out to honor West Allis Det. Stacie Napoli
- Community rallies around family of officer who died after childbirth
- Visitation, funeral to be held Saturday for Det. Stacie Napoli
- West Allis police detective dies after giving birth to twins